I am so grateful and excited to announce that I got nominated for the famous blogger Liebster Award by Liz at Dear Blog Love Liz. For those of you who don’t know, this award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, and then you pay it forward, so right now I am nominating other blogs in return for being nominated.
There’s also some questions to answer, so here goes!
1)What is the biggest priority in your life right now?
My career. I’m 26, and there’s a ton of changes going on with potentially moving, changing my industry (in the process of changing it), etc, etc.
2) Do you like to plan things out or be spontaneous?
I prefer to plan, because I stress when I don’t. I like to know what’s coming and prep for anything that could potentially happen, just to make sure things go smooth.
3) What is your biggest fear?
Dying a long, painful, agonizing death. I just want to fall asleep one night and not wake up. That would be way nicer than what most people have to suffer… Not to be a buzzkill!
4) What was the last movie you saw?
Blade Runner. The new one, in theaters. It sucked, don’t believe the reviews. If you want to watch it, watch the original. If you’re a teenager, watch the original. If you’ve never seen Blade Runner and want to go see this in theaters, don’t.
5) If you were the opposite gender for one day, what would you do?
Oh man, I’d want to pee outside somewhere. Because come on, we girls just can’t do that gracefully, you know?
6) What’s your family like?
Hilarious. My mom was a chef for years, so she feeds anyone and everyone who ever visits her. And my dad is pretty silly, and quite handy around the house and all. They’re both just nice, funny, welcoming people.
7) How would you define success?
I would define success as… being authentically 100% you and happy with it. We all get caught up in what society says we need to do and be to succeed, but life isn’t that cut and dry. It’s not black and white. And just because you go to college, it doesn’t mean you’re going to get that $100k job.
Life is more about… what you do outside of work. If you’re a person that’s awesome to be around, or not. Who you are, what you’re into, and who you love. That’s the stuff we all remember fondly, not the job that sucked our souls away.
It’s important to be you, and be happy, and that means finding a job that fits with your persona, moving to a place that you love, and living with the things and people you need.
8) What is the best piece of advice that you’ve received?
Love yourself and do what you need to do for yourself. When you meet someone who understands that and doesn’t want you to change, keep them.
9) If you found $100 on the ground, what would you do with it?
Pay some bills. Because #adult.
10) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Nosy people. I hate people who see me once a year and still ask me personal questions. Or people who clearly eavesdrop on a private conversation. Or worse, people who blatantly and publicly ask you something super personal that makes everyone in the room stop and stare. Like, why? Let me live.
11) What would you do differently if you could relive the past year?
I think… nothing, really. I’ve done pretty good this year!
And Eleven Facts About Me?
- I am currently watching Slasher on Netflix and it is great. Recommend it if you’re into dark, crime, violent shit.
- My cat’s name is Fenrir, Fen for short. He’s 2 years old, fat, fluffy as ever, and super needy. He’s my baby.
- Things I’m afraid of include clowns (Pennywise, Bozo, any clown really, but especially the ones that make balloon animals), spiders (eight legs = nopesville), and having a long, painful, agonizing death. Not death itself, just the painful process getting there.
- I have a very mild case of OCD, which just means that I don’t like clutter nor living in a messy space. I can tolerate it to a degree, but past a certain point, I need to start cleaning something. And no, I don’t need to count my doorknob shakes, or tap the facet 3 times before leaving the bathroom or anything of that sort! Just a clean space.
- I’ve cried over the act of mistakenly killing animated animals in video games.
- I enjoy gaming. I actually worked in the industry up until recently, but have since kind of transitioned out of it due to the state of the industry. It’s not as glamorous nor exciting as one would think, it’s really just kind of unfair… Still play games though!
- Fall is my favorite season. It’s beanies, coats, sweaters, pumpkins and colorful leaves, what’s not to like?
- I have a BA in English, and I used to read a lot more than I do now. It’s been a while since I picked up a book, but I did order one today, so… it balances out, right? I’ve been more immersed in visual stories for the last couple of years, so TV, movies and games.
- I’m a vegan because I was raised in a family that eats a lot of meat. I considered it the norm. But upon researching and figuring out what goes on in slaughter houses, I just couldn’t continue. I became a vegan for animal rights more than anything else, but I care about my health and the environment as well.
- I love, love, love Studio Ghibli. My favorite movie would have to be Spirited Away. *Smiles at the No-Face plush on the desk*
- I listen to everything from Rock to Classical, Metal to Trance, Chillwave and Alternative. But as a 90’s girl, I am just fine playing Grunge for days on end.
11 Blogs You Should Check Out
- Little Fears
- Beccap Beauty
- Life With Mizlulu
- Pinkie Bag
- Savouries By S
- Natasha Clark
- Sunsian & Soul
- Kinda Puffy
- Long Player Kitchen
- Cook The Beans
11 Questions For My Nominees to Answer!
- What is your blog about, and why did you choose your topic?
- What is your favorite post ever? That you wrote!
- Favorite type(s) of music?
- What’s your all-time favorite snack?
- Where would you say you spend most of your time hanging out?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What show are you currently watching, and do you recommend it?
- If you own pets, what are their names? If you don’t own pets, why not?
- Any goals for 2018?
- If you could undo one thing this year, just one thing, what would it be?
- What’s your Instagram/Twitter/FB?
Awesome! I had fun doing this, I hope everyone I nominated does too. Thanks again, Liz!