So for those of you who follow me on Instagram, I promised a review of this, and I’m delivering!
This past week I tried Rice Ramen with Miso Soup by Lotus Foods. It’s vegan, and healthy at only 280 calories per serving. It does have a high sodium content of 410mg, but as long as you don’t eat a ton of this stuff on a daily basis, you’re good.
I got this from the Asian food section at Walmart for less than $2. It’s cheap, perfect for a cold, cloudy day, and makes for a quick lunch fix on a hectic day. All you do is heat up some water with the flavor packet (Miso) and then add the noodles. Much like regular Ramen from back in the day (college, am I right?).
So here are my thoughts.
- The noodles are pretty awesome. They’re bamboo infused and I loved every bite.
- The Miso has a decent taste, not the worst, not the best. Overall, I’d have it again.
- It’s quick and cheap.
- Makes for a relatively healthy, vegan lunch.
- Looks tasty in pictures.
- Filling, but not overly filling.
- Perfect when followed with tea time.
- There is no tofu that I saw, which you would normally find in Miso. Easy fix: add some tofu.
- The Miso soup itself has a pretty good taste, but it doesn’t beat the soup you’d get at an authentic, Japanese restaurant.
- High in sodium, but easy fix is to just not overdo it! Don’t eat too much of this, and you’re fine.
All in all, I’d give this… 8 stars out of 10, and I highly recommend it!
*For those asking, I got my owl and crescent moon chopsticks at H-Mart, a local Korean/Japanese grocery store.