Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday, other than Christmas. So this year, I wanted to create something extra special and vegan friendly!
Because let’s be honest, all that candy is tempting.
Something that helps is this hot cocoa recipe. It’s…
- and tempting
But most of all, it helps to draw away all those added calories from the abundant candy.
So without further ado…
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 packets Sugar In The Raw (optional, if you want a sweeter drink)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup black berries
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- Non-dairy whipped cream
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings (optional)
- Additional black berries to garnish (optional)
- Blend blackberries with 2 tbsp of water. Not shown in the video, strain the mixture to separate the seeds from the liquid. You want the liquid!
- Add agave nectar to the liquid and heat over high heat until it begins to bubble. Reduce it on low heat for 2 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Heat up coconut milk, about 2-3 minutes in the microwave.
- Mix in the cocoa and sugar, assuming you want a sweeter drink. Honestly though, with the whip and the syrup, it’s sweet enough!
- Add whipped cream, top with syrup and garnish with your choice of chocolate sprinkles, more raspberries, or both.
Check out the video for a step by step process!
Yields 1 servings. Approximately 282 calories.