I never knew how much I would miss parmesan. If there’s anything I’ve struggled losing since becoming a vegan, it’s cheese in general. Luckily, I’ve found there’s easy, cheap, healthy versions of “cheese” sauce, “cheese” crackers, and now parmesan.
Use this parmesan on your pasta, your vegetables, or anything else you can think of! It’s super easy to make, and keeps fresh for a long time.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- It’s the easiest thing ever: put everything in a food processor and pulse it. Otherwise it will smooth out, and that’s not parmesan. It needs to become a grainy, sand-like consistency.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a seal-tight container for up to one month.
Yields 12 servings, 72 calories per serving