Recently, I made a quick pasta dinner for myself. I really wanted to make something that I didn’t have to tend to so much, because I was focused on making the man friend something extra special for dinner, and knew I couldn’t balance it all myself without going insane after a long work day.
We’ve all been there.
The good news is that I made a great herb sauce pasta that I later shared on Instagram, and so now I’m going to share it here!
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- A tiny pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of water, more or less as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water, pasta, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat, but leave it on medium-high for about 10-15 minutes. Water should be significantly reduced, so the pasta is tender but not overcooked. You may or may not need to add more water as needed.
- Once pasta is cooked and there’s a little water in the pot, add in the nutritional yeast to create the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields 1 serving.